The results of the development in upgrading whey within the LIFE for Acid Whey and LAKTIKA project are being implemented within the new Viva la Gaia brand.
- 30.05.2023 - 0 CommentsViva la Gaia - a new online store with circular economy concept productsRead More
- 28.03.2023 - 0 CommentsFor achievements within the development projects LIFE for Acid Whey and LAKTIKA, we received five awards for inventions in the field of the circular economy for 2022.Read More
The Slovenian Strategic Development and Innovation Partnership - Networks for the Transition to a Circular Economy (SRIP - Circular Economy) in cooperation with the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology and the Ministry of Cohesion and Regional Development, on March 8, 2023, at the MEGRA fair in Gornja Radgona awarded the first Slovenian awards for inventions in the field of the circular economy for 2022.
- 12.10.2022 - 0 CommentsAnother presentation of LAKTIKA and LIFE for ACid Whey projectRead More
This time we presented development projects in the field of whey at the CEFood 2022 conference.
- 08.07.2022 - 0 CommentsPresentation at the ISSS 2022 SymposiumRead More
The results of the LIFE for Acid Whey project in the field of preparative and analytical immunoglobulin G chromatography were presented at the 26th International Symposium on Separation Sciences & 26th International Symposium for High-Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography.
- 22.02.2022 - 0 CommentsClosure conference of the project LIFE for Acid WheyRead More
Presentations, posters, proceedings and photographic material from the conference.
- 20.10.2021 - 0 CommentsPredstavitev projekta LIFE for Acid Whey na 14. Okoljskem srečanju Anademije FinanceRead More
Veselilo nas je, da smo lahko porjekt LIFE for Acid Whey predstavili na 14. Okoljskem srečanju Akademije Finance.
Predavanje si lahko pogledate na naslednji povezavi.
- 04.06.2021 - 0 CommentsPromotion of LACTOPRO starter ued in fermentation of biological wasteRead More
As part of the promotion of the new LACTOPRO product, we distributed 300 free products.
- 30.03.2021 - 0 CommentsWe were pleased to be invited and participate in a webinar entitled “How to finance the greening of your food chain” organised by SMEunited in collaboration with the EU LIFE ProgrammeRead More
SMEunited is the association of crafts and SMEs in Europe with member organisations from over 30 European countries. SMEunited acts on behalf of crafts and SMEs in the European Social Dialogue and in discussions with the EU institutions. As a result of the collaboration with the EU LIFE Programme, SMEunited presented the leaflet “Green Perspectives in Food Production” in a webinar, which took place on March 24, 2021. As a tool, the leaflet’s objective is to provide inspiration and guidance to SMEs in the food sector on sustainable business in a simple way
- 30.03.2021 - 0 CommentsPresentation of results of the use of acid whey as a medium for the growth of probiotics and lactic acid bacteria at the conference BM2021Read More
The new results of the work on the LIFE for Acid Whey project were presented at the 8th Beneficial Microbes Conference, which took place as a virtual event between 22 and 24 March 2021. The purpose of the BM2021 conference is to present innovations in the production and use of pre- and probiotics in human and animal health.
- 20.10.2020 - 0 CommentsPresentation of the results of nisin production at the FEMS web conferenceRead More
The results of the cultivation of lactococci, lactic acid bacteria that produce the antibiotic nisin in the residual acid whey, were also presented at the international conference of the Federation of European Microbiological Societies.
- 20.10.2020 - 0 CommentsPresentation at the annual conference Food, Nutrition, HealthRead More
The development projects on advanced possibilities of whey treatment and reuse, LIFE for Acid Whey and LAKTIKA, were presented as part of the annual conference "Food, nutrition, health", which took place this year under the slogan of World Food Day 2020 "Grow, feed, preserve".
- 20.10.2020 - 0 CommentsPresentation of the project LIFE for Acid Whey at the Climate-neutral food and wood eventRead More
We gladly responded to the invitation and presented the LIFE for Acid Whey project at the event “Climate-neutral food and wood: Showcasing best climate practices in agriculture, forestry, food systems and the bioeconomy”.
- 20.10.2020 - 0 CommentsThe results of the project were presented at the Congress of the Slovenian Microbiological SocietyRead More
At the virtual congress, which took place between 23 and 25 September 2020, we presented the pilot results of nisin production in residual acid whey after whey protein removal.
- 20.10.2020 - 0 CommentsParticipation in the symposium "Slovenian Industry of the Future: Transition to a Circular Economy through Industry 4.0"Read More
We gladly responded to the invitation of the TECOS development center and presented the possibilities of further use of whey, which we are studying in the framework of the LIFE for Acid Whey project.
- 24.07.2020 - 0 CommentsWe are happy for our new publication on the characteristics of LACTOFERRIN in the journal PROCESSESRead More
We have published the results of initial pilot research within the LIFE for Acid Whey project in the field of characterization of lactoferrin - a whey protein isolated from acid whey.
- 02.04.2020 - 0 CommentsArhel and Environmental Biotechnology, January 2020Read More
Participation in the 30th anniversary event of BIA d.o.o.
- 05.12.2019 - 0 CommentsFUTURE FOOD event, conference and interactive presentation, November 2019Read More
We presented the project at the FUTURE FOOD exhibition.
- 26.10.2019 - 0 CommentsWe presented our results at the International Conference on Technologies and Business Models for Circular Economy, TBMCE 2019Read More
The TBMCE conference was devoted to presentations of circular economy concepts, technologies and methodologies that contribute to the shift of business entities and society as a whole to a more responsible, circular management of resources.
- 15.10.2019 - 0 CommentsWe attended the 11. NIZO Dairy Conference - Milk Protein FunctionalityRead More
The results of the LIFE for Acid Whey project were presented at the 11th NIZO Dairy Conference, which took place between 8th and 11th October 2019 in Pependal, the Netherlands.
- 29.09.2019 - 0 CommentsThe lactoferrin purchased online may only be a pink powderRead More
The quality of lactoferrin we ordered from the largest online stores turned out to be inadequate.
- 20.09.2019 - 0 CommentsArhel`s lactoferrin proved to have one of the highest antimicrobial activityRead More
Institute of dairy science & probiotics tested the antimicrobial activity of lactoferrin produced by ARHEL in comparison with three commercial products on the market.
- 13.05.2019 - 0 CommentsVitafoods Europe The global nurtaceutical eventRead More
In May 2019, we attended the Vitafoods Europe fair in Geneva to learn about food supplements, nutraceuticals, new technological processes and formulations. We were particularly interested in whey protein and probiotic products. Their use has been increasing lately. They are becoming an important component of sports diets, enriched and hypoallergenic infant formulas, dietary diets for the elderly population and, among other things, natural remedies for protection against type 2 diabetes, alleviating insomnia, strengthening immunity.
- 07.04.2019 - 0 CommentsMembrane microfiltration, an important technological process in the separation phase of whey components.Read More
At the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Maribor, we conducted the first microfiltration tests on a filtration system, which was designed and manufactured at Arhel.
- 06.12.2018 - 0 CommentsPresentation of the project at the Symposium on the tenth anniversary of the College of Environmental Protection in Velenje, Slovenija entitled Green and Blue: the environment, the intersection of sciences and contradictions.Read More
At the symposium, the contents of the LIFE for Acid whey project were presented with the lecture Finding New ways to use whey - a by-product of milk processing.
Twenty-two presentations at the December 6, 2018 event in Velenje covered a wide range of scientific and technical knowledge in the fields of environmental protection, nature protection, environmental technologies and sustainable development, which are combined in interdisciplinary study programs of the College higher education programm. The Symposium also featured a Proceedings.
- 05.11.2018 - 0 CommentsWe participated in the first information day of the LIFE programRead More
The event was organized as part of the Slovenian LIFE capacity building project. We were happy to share our experiences with all those interested in this European LIFE financial mechanism.
- 08.10.2018 - 0 CommentsThe 43. Croatian dairy experts symposium with international participationRead More
The Symposium organized by the Croatian Dairy Cooperative will take place in Lovran, Croatia, between 7 and 10 November 2018.
- 08.10.2018 - 0 CommentsOur first results of the LIFE for Acid Whey project will be presented at the VIVUS conferenceRead More
Presentation of the process of extraction of lactoferrin from acid whey and its antimicrobial activity.
- 17.05.2018 - 0 CommentsNa Inštitutu za mlekarstvo iščejo novega raziskovalca za delo na projektuRead More
Pogoj je zaključen doktorat s področja kemije, biokemije, živilstva, biotehnologije ali sorodnih smeri.
- 10.05.2018 - 0 CommentsPresentation of the LIFE farming - environmentally sustainable agricultureRead More
In the context of the project LIFE Capacity Building Slovenia the Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning organised the second LIFE international networking conference entitled “LIFE farming – environmentally sustainable agriculture”.
The conference took place on 8th and 9th May 2018.
On the second day (9th May) a networking event was taken place at the Brdo Congress Centre, Brdo pri Kranju, Slovenia where also LIFE for Acid Whey was present.
- 16.04.2018 - 0 CommentsPresentation of LIFE for Acid Whey project in the EOL magazineRead More
The project team of the LIFE Capacity Building project of the Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning presented in the EOL magazine the supported LIFE projects in the field of circular economy.
- 26.03.2018 - 0 CommentsArhel visited ANUGA FoodTec in Cologne 20-24 March 2018Read More
In the framework of LIFE for Acid Whey project, we visited the ANUGA FoodTec fair in Cologne Gemany, to stay in touch with up-to-date technologies for separation and drying of milk and whey.
- 13.01.2018 - 0 CommentsLactoferrin obtained in the framework of the LIFE for Acid Whey project exhibits the highest level of iron binding capacityRead More
In Arhel, we are very proud of the excellent results of lactoferrin activity obtained from whey within the LIFE for Acid Whey project. In comparing the analysis with other commercially available lactoferrins and the standard, our lactoferrin exhibits the highest iron binding capacity or very low saturation with iron.
- 13.01.2018 - 0 CommentsUsing monolithic chromatographic columns, we achieve high purity and efficiency of lactoferrin extraction and sequential separation of other whey proteinsRead More
After coagulation of casein and albumin from milk in standard methods of curd production, whey remains, in which a small amount of so-called
whey proteins is still present. Many of them, such as lactoferrin, are important physiologically active substances. Using monolithic
chromatographic columns in the LIFE for Acid Whey project, we have already achieved excellent results in sequential separation of individual whey protein groups and high purity and the efficiency of lactoferrin extraction.
- 01.12.2017 - 0 CommentsAt the end of November, the first results of the project were presented at the first monitoring visitRead More
On 30 November 2017, we were pleased to present the results that we achieved in the first five months of the project. Besides several preparatory studies, we optimised the method of extraction of lactoferrin from acid whey and obtained the first samples of the product of high purity and activity.
- 12.11.2017 - 0 CommentsParticipation at the 13th International Conference on Lactoferrin in Rome, November 5-10, 2017Read More
We attended the official International conference on lactoferrin in Rome. The six days of lectures confirm the high relevance of the topic. The conference presented the latest findings in the field of characterisation and quality control of lactoferrin, new findings in the field of lactoferrin functions in the organism, its new ways of use for health protection and improvement and ways of its production.
- 26.10.2017 - 0 CommentsPresentation on the pages of LIFE Slovenia capacity buildingRead More
The project LIFE Slovenia presents a collection of Slovenian LIFE projects
- 10.10.2017 - 0 CommentsParticipation at the Kick-off meeting and Close to market event in Brussels, October 7-8, 2017Read More
In Brussels, in the company of confirmed LIFE project in 2016, we got to know with the meaning of the LIFE programme in the European Union, the project management rules and presented our project to other participants and a group of potential investors. The event was a great opportunity to establish the first contact with representatives of projects with related content.
- 26.08.2017 - 0 CommentsKick-off meeting and presentation to the investors from the »cleantech« sectorRead More
In October 2017, we will attend a kick-off meeting in Brussels, organised for all newly approved LIFE16 projects. We will present our project, which has been selected by European Commission as a project with a high “close to market” potential, to investors from “cleantech” sector in the frame of a special event.
- 03.07.2017 - 0 CommentsOfficial abstract of the project LIFE for Acid WheyRead More
The project LIFE for Acid Whey can be found in the database of the European Commission LIFE projects.
- 30.06.2017 - 0 CommentsOfficial start of the project LIFE for Acid WheyRead More
On July the 1st 2017, we have officially started with the project Reuse of waste acid whey for extraction of high added value bioactive proteins »LIFE for Acid Whey«. The project is co-financed by European Commission in the frame of the LIFE Programme.